Tuesday, February 21, 2006

time for another (less interesting) blog for the blogosphere - which includes talk of MacGyver

I'm at work currently. Hi Dave. Hi peter. Hi Richard. Hi Amie. Hi matt. Hi john. Hi Kasia. Hi self.
works going OK. Waiting for photosizes can get a bit oldish sometimes, however i brought some schoolwork, as well as an episode of macgyver.

Which brings me to something I feel very passionate about: MacGyver.

It's hard for me to explain how I feel about this show, because no doubt anybody who has tried to watch an episode here or there has found that the show is old, bad acting by most of the extras, cheesy lines, etc. Hell, its from the 80s, and the 80s suck.

BUT, I say to you non-believers of MacGyver's awesomeness: persevere. Watch a few more shows. Because what I think you'll find (as I myself did) is that the show is quality. Here are the main reasons

Most importantly, each episode is almost completely independent, and each story has a completely different theme/element. For instance, today I watched an episode of MacGyver where he worked with a police force to catch a serial killer. Yesterday I watched an episode where he ran people through this wilderness survival camp, and found drug smugglers in the wilderness. The day previous, MacGyver raced cars. Then there's an episode where he solves a ghost type problem (or whatever). Once he got stranded with Omish folks and had to save a child caught in a mine. And the list goes on.

Each episode has a different cast, only MacGyver and his sidekick (the head of the phoenix organization) are really noticeable from episode to episode. Because of these things, each episode is a fresh experience - you never know what's going to happen.

If you can forgive the somewhat bad acting (which I'm getting better and better at - it can be done, even if you're a sinicle bastard like myself) and 80's hairstyles/clothing/video quality, its a great show. ALSO: DONT BE DISAPPOINTED WHEN YOU SEE HIS GADGETS HE INVENTS AREN'T ALWAYS AS COOL AS YOU REMEMBER THEM BEING!!! When I was a kid I thought the stuff he thought up was fucking incredible. Now, sometimes I think "meh" or "that's not really possible, physics stops that from having any affect". Ol' MacGyver still manages to impress me with his wit every once in a while though.

Give it the ol' 1 2 watch-a-ru (Ru!)

ALSO: MacGyver recently was seen helping protect baby seals. Seriously, what a guy:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/07/macgyver050307.html







MacGyver is a bad ass - seen here with his classic Swiss army (assumed) knife.














What a hottie! (for all of the female blog readers (which there are probably very few of))











A bit of fan art - though he looks rather feminine in his fan art rendition. Oh well. We (I) still love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats analysis