why a blog?
so, lindsay always gives me shit about having a blog. jeff (my ol' CS3141 buddy) just asked me the same.
I guess i dont really know why. I mean, xanga, live journal, and facebook to a large extent have serve (in very large part) as a way to show off, or brag, or fish for compliments, etc. everybody likes getting compliments, regardless if you admit it or not (sometimes not in all situations), and xanga/livejournal/myspace "comments" are indeed a way to achieve that goal. I suppose its the same for blogspot i suppose (where this blog is currently at). Obviously in the worse case, using xanga/livejournal/myspace simply for this is probably somewhat weak/shallow/insertproperwordhere.
HOWEVER, i like to think that my xanga was used mainly to share my experiences with other people. I'll admit that i more than once posted a photo that i was particularly proud of hoping for positive feedback. obviously. but in general, my xanga switched from being a personal diary to a place to share photos to a place to say something to somebody to a place to be emo. Which is why I switched here.
Now, when I post photos they will be here for ever. All of my photos before were hosted by myself, and occasionally when my web webspace was limited i'd delete older content. here, I can post photos and 10 years later they'll still be here. Which, while possibly not so fantastic now, will be hella (ke ke ke) cool 10 years from now, looking back.
I do like to think that people read my blog however. See, its complicated: I switched to this blog so that photos would last for ME personally, however when I originally post photos it is for the sake of the visitors to this blog, so they can see whats happening, etc. Again though, it will be me that benifits 10 years from now.
And now i'll make a real blog entrance :)
I guess i dont really know why. I mean, xanga, live journal, and facebook to a large extent have serve (in very large part) as a way to show off, or brag, or fish for compliments, etc. everybody likes getting compliments, regardless if you admit it or not (sometimes not in all situations), and xanga/livejournal/myspace "comments" are indeed a way to achieve that goal. I suppose its the same for blogspot i suppose (where this blog is currently at). Obviously in the worse case, using xanga/livejournal/myspace simply for this is probably somewhat weak/shallow/insertproperwordhere.
HOWEVER, i like to think that my xanga was used mainly to share my experiences with other people. I'll admit that i more than once posted a photo that i was particularly proud of hoping for positive feedback. obviously. but in general, my xanga switched from being a personal diary to a place to share photos to a place to say something to somebody to a place to be emo. Which is why I switched here.
Now, when I post photos they will be here for ever. All of my photos before were hosted by myself, and occasionally when my web webspace was limited i'd delete older content. here, I can post photos and 10 years later they'll still be here. Which, while possibly not so fantastic now, will be hella (ke ke ke) cool 10 years from now, looking back.
I do like to think that people read my blog however. See, its complicated: I switched to this blog so that photos would last for ME personally, however when I originally post photos it is for the sake of the visitors to this blog, so they can see whats happening, etc. Again though, it will be me that benifits 10 years from now.
And now i'll make a real blog entrance :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home