look around you.
"look around you" is a fantastic BBC (i think it's on the BBC) spoof on instructional science videos of years past. Feel free to watch one of the videos below ("Maths")
In other news, it's been a turbulent weekend folks. I think it might be "that time of the month" for me or something. Though probably not, as I hear "that time of the month" is directly related to the menstrual cycle - I have no menstrual cycle and therefore it is very doubtful that I have a "that time of the month". ....
MOVING ON! I worked with Kev and Bret and Justin (right kev?) for about 3 hours tonight on Algorithms homework. Out of nine problems, we completed exactly 0 of them. As in, we didn't finish a single fucking problem. On the plus side, we did ALMOST finish 2 problems. Well, we almost finished 2 problems if you want to be an optimist. A pessimist might say (for instance), "they might have almost finished the first problem, the second probably they really don't have a clue how to do, they just wrote a bunch of stuff down". Lucky for us, the homework isnt due until 3:30 on Thursday.
Well as required by my microbiology class, I have adopted a microbe. Essentially, what this means is I have selected a microbe to study for my microbiology class. Which microbe is lucky enough to come under my care you might ask? The answer is the vibrio fischeri. Why did I choose to adopt this microbe? Well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrio_fischeri might give you an idea. For one, these "critters" live in the ocean. they are bioluminescent. There is a fair amount of information on them relatively easily available which will make the research I am certain to have to do a bit easier.
Camp was fun (see photos below). That being said, my weekend felt a bit "quick" this weekend. And certainly a bit unproductive. I think next weekend I'll do something epic. I might forgo the intoxication for a night and go on an outdoor adventure. Maybe find a nice bit of forest and sleep in it. With the wolves and bears and other such devices. Or, I might go on the epic journey downstate with Ian and Andrew to U of M to visit some "associates" as my dear friend andrew (he is a jew, did you know?) might say.
My room and car are both getting a bit messy. I don't like it very much, to be honest. Perhaps I shall clean my room tomorrow. Or, better yet, anybody reading this want to clean it for me? I'll give you your choice of either 1. an origami frog 2. what's left of a 20 oz of pepsi on my table or 3. my barely used axe deodorant.
In all seriousness though, I have too much shit. My car is STILL packed with half of the shit I brought up to school. My back seet is full of stuff. Some of it I use from time to time, but there is a lot of stuff I do not use. Or need. But there it sits, taking up room. I was talking with somebody today (Eder I think?) about the fact that I should just burn every single thing that I own besides my hard drives (pictures). A great cleansing fire that would leave me without distractions or clutter. Actually, I should probably keep my books and school stuff. And a few articles of clothing.
note to self: recharge my battery on my phone.
Anyway, to continue with my talking about nothing even though its 2 AM and I have homework and class still to do before 10 AM, I have enjoyed taking photos the past few days. Not so much of "photo assignments", but of simple things. Like faces. I feel very vein because I take a lot of photos of my hands, feet, face, eyes, etc, so that I have stuff to work with in photoshop. I sort of wish I had a full time model who I could call to get photos from. That way, I could proudly display my work instead of having to hide it in fear of people thinking I really am just vein. Hell, I just like working with photoshop. But my FAVORITE thing to do, is to take a "regular ol' photo" and turn it into something with a bit more character. Please, feel free to call me and say "Kevin, could you take my photo?" because I will. I need people who will sit still for a few minutes and let me move them around so I can take the type of photo I want. Case in point: this sort of thing
Well, I am thirsty now. And I need to get into bed so I can wake up and finish my homework. Yesterday I didn't eat very healthy. Today I did no better. Tomorrow, I plan on eating something reasonably healthy for breakfastish, and then I plan on eating a good dinner. AND, if I don't work out tomorrow, somebody please come over and kill me. really. I am gonna run a mile or 2, bike for half an hour or something, and lift some weights. Then Wednesday, I'm gonna do the same thing. We'll go from there I guess.
peace love simplicity and seashells,
kev
p.s. I think my little sister Ant might be reading this from time to time now. I want to give a special shout out to her. Love you Anthea.
In other news, it's been a turbulent weekend folks. I think it might be "that time of the month" for me or something. Though probably not, as I hear "that time of the month" is directly related to the menstrual cycle - I have no menstrual cycle and therefore it is very doubtful that I have a "that time of the month". ....
MOVING ON! I worked with Kev and Bret and Justin (right kev?) for about 3 hours tonight on Algorithms homework. Out of nine problems, we completed exactly 0 of them. As in, we didn't finish a single fucking problem. On the plus side, we did ALMOST finish 2 problems. Well, we almost finished 2 problems if you want to be an optimist. A pessimist might say (for instance), "they might have almost finished the first problem, the second probably they really don't have a clue how to do, they just wrote a bunch of stuff down". Lucky for us, the homework isnt due until 3:30 on Thursday.
Well as required by my microbiology class, I have adopted a microbe. Essentially, what this means is I have selected a microbe to study for my microbiology class. Which microbe is lucky enough to come under my care you might ask? The answer is the vibrio fischeri. Why did I choose to adopt this microbe? Well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrio_fischeri might give you an idea. For one, these "critters" live in the ocean. they are bioluminescent. There is a fair amount of information on them relatively easily available which will make the research I am certain to have to do a bit easier.
Camp was fun (see photos below). That being said, my weekend felt a bit "quick" this weekend. And certainly a bit unproductive. I think next weekend I'll do something epic. I might forgo the intoxication for a night and go on an outdoor adventure. Maybe find a nice bit of forest and sleep in it. With the wolves and bears and other such devices. Or, I might go on the epic journey downstate with Ian and Andrew to U of M to visit some "associates" as my dear friend andrew (he is a jew, did you know?) might say.
My room and car are both getting a bit messy. I don't like it very much, to be honest. Perhaps I shall clean my room tomorrow. Or, better yet, anybody reading this want to clean it for me? I'll give you your choice of either 1. an origami frog 2. what's left of a 20 oz of pepsi on my table or 3. my barely used axe deodorant.
In all seriousness though, I have too much shit. My car is STILL packed with half of the shit I brought up to school. My back seet is full of stuff. Some of it I use from time to time, but there is a lot of stuff I do not use. Or need. But there it sits, taking up room. I was talking with somebody today (Eder I think?) about the fact that I should just burn every single thing that I own besides my hard drives (pictures). A great cleansing fire that would leave me without distractions or clutter. Actually, I should probably keep my books and school stuff. And a few articles of clothing.
note to self: recharge my battery on my phone.
Anyway, to continue with my talking about nothing even though its 2 AM and I have homework and class still to do before 10 AM, I have enjoyed taking photos the past few days. Not so much of "photo assignments", but of simple things. Like faces. I feel very vein because I take a lot of photos of my hands, feet, face, eyes, etc, so that I have stuff to work with in photoshop. I sort of wish I had a full time model who I could call to get photos from. That way, I could proudly display my work instead of having to hide it in fear of people thinking I really am just vein. Hell, I just like working with photoshop. But my FAVORITE thing to do, is to take a "regular ol' photo" and turn it into something with a bit more character. Please, feel free to call me and say "Kevin, could you take my photo?" because I will. I need people who will sit still for a few minutes and let me move them around so I can take the type of photo I want. Case in point: this sort of thing
Well, I am thirsty now. And I need to get into bed so I can wake up and finish my homework. Yesterday I didn't eat very healthy. Today I did no better. Tomorrow, I plan on eating something reasonably healthy for breakfastish, and then I plan on eating a good dinner. AND, if I don't work out tomorrow, somebody please come over and kill me. really. I am gonna run a mile or 2, bike for half an hour or something, and lift some weights. Then Wednesday, I'm gonna do the same thing. We'll go from there I guess.
peace love simplicity and seashells,
kev
p.s. I think my little sister Ant might be reading this from time to time now. I want to give a special shout out to her. Love you Anthea.

1 Comments:
Hellow my brother.
So you've been about as productive as I have-possibly more so. Which would be a sad thing if I actually took the time to think about it, which I won't because not only am I tu busy duing nothing, but I am also aware of the fact that it would depress me, and we can't have that now can we.
I looked up you vibrio fischeri because I have an enormous amount of homework to do, and so I though I should waste some time
Lovley microscopic bug monster creature beast.
Terribly exciting I'm sure.
Anyhow....my biology class forced me to watch one of those old movies last year, and it was honestly about that bad. It was about spiders, and
went mostly into their reproductive cycle. Lots of violence and eating of each other. The females seem to have the right idea. (they eat the males)
Post a Comment
<< Home